home tutorials features parties custom orders

Friday, August 3, 2012

Visiting Emmaline Bags & Summer Fun Dress Tutorial


I'm guest posting today at Emmaline Bags about this simple, cute little dress I whipped up for Ella.  I call it the Summer Fun Dress!  

Please check out Janelle's blog, Emmaline Bags, for not only my guest post but also to see her great bag patterns and hardware.  She's about to move from Australia back to Canada, so be sure to take advantage of the sale she's having in her shop now through August 15th.

Emmaline Bags
Now, here's the tutorial I put together for how to make the Summer Fun Dress.  


Here's what you'll need in order to make your little one her own Summer Fun Dress!  Hint:  You should be able to click on each photo to make it larger.




Missing from the picture above is the Hem Strip.

Start by adding the trim (if desired) to the edges of the decorative strip. Make sure you use washable glue, that way it will dissolve when you wash the dress.











Now time to make the two straps.

Now lay out the dress with the front half facing you.

If you want to add your personal label or a label for size and care instructions, then now is a great time to do that, too. 


Disclaimer:  At the time I created this tutorial, I only tested the size 4T measurements provided.  Please note that dimensions given for other sizes are approximate and may require slight modifications to better fit your child. 

If you have any questions, please send me an email at sewvery(at)gmail(dot)com.

This tutorial is intended for personal use only and may not be reproduced in part or in whole without my expressed written consent. 


7 comments:

  1. Oh my! I know I have told you that I love so many of your tutorials, but I really thing that this one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The fabrics you paired together are incredible - so much personality in such a little dress. Well done!!! Thanks for sharing, and thank you for loading into SewSet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it so much. I love the fabrics, too, which made it all the more fun to make. SewSet was such a great idea. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That dress is just gorgeous Veronica. The colors are so vivid and the fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!!!! You're soooo very talented!!! What a gorgeous dress!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!